Family Records Certificates

A Family Records Certificate (about a birth, death, marriage, divorce or change of name) can be issued to the person directly or to one’s guardian. Estonian citizens can apply for the required certificate through the Embassy by post. This document can be used in the Netherlands.

For that, the following documents are needed and can be sent to the Embassy by post or e-mail:

  • Application form (PDF) filled in and signed (digitally with your ID card or signed by hand)
  • Proof of payment of state fee
  • Copy of your passport (page with person’s identification)

State fee for Family Records Certificate (birth, death, marriage, divorce or change of name) is €20.

Receiver: Estonian Embassy, Bank: ING, Account number: IBAN: NL14INGB0656559012 (SWIFT: INGBNL2A), explanation: document+name

More information available here https://hague.mfa.ee/et/toendid/ (In Estonian)

Police Clearance Certificate

In case you need the Police Clearance Certificate, you can request a notice from the Estonian Criminal Records Database.

In case you have an ID-card (with pin-codes and an ID-card reader) it is possible to apply for it online: www.e-toimik.ee.

It is also possible to apply for it by post or email. An application form has to be sent to the following email ([email protected]) or by post to:

Nimekast nr 1563
Toompuiestee 33A
10402, Tallinn

The certificate is in Estonian language and in case you order it yourself it will be issued for free.

You can apply for a consul’s statement in English from the Embassy. In order to do so please make an appointment with the consul in advance by phone +31 (0)703029050, and bring your original certificate of good conduct (in Estonian), a copy of your passport or ID-card and the state fee of €30 (can be paid by card at the Embassy).  Please contact the Embassy if you would like to apply for the consul’s statement by post.